(READ FIRST: Heads up because I hate having my time wasted and I know you do too, this review contains nothing negative whatsoever about Moosejaw. If you came to this site because your pissed at Moosejaw or REI or life or need to satisfy your confirmation bias or whatever, skip this and read one of the numerous negative reviews this site offers on this company.)
Bought Directly from Moosejaw.com using coupon codes for 20% off on jackets and the free 2-day shipping coupon.
WHAT I PURCHASED:
The black Pategonia Nano Puff hoody. As a general rule of thumb from my research the black version of this hoody is cheaper than the color versions. It' about 179-249 for color versions and 135-180 for the black version and last I checked it's priced a little high on their site compared to when I purchased mine.
Deal finder? I like to get the best value for my money and tend to do the legwork to find that deal when it comes to buying stuff online.
I had never heard of Moosejaw before and didn't even want to buy from them especially because they had a ridiculously good deal on the Pategonia Nano Puff Jacket my wife wanted for her birthday. We are newlyweds who left our jobs and moved to Alaska and resources are limited. Since it's my first year being married I really felt the pressure of making her birthday memorable. I was seriously nervous about buying from this new company but they were a Google trusted store so I figure: "Heck, what's the worst that could happen?"
I would normally buy this type of product from Amazon or REI especially since I get a percentage back every year as an REI member. Moosejaw promised me free 2-day shipping to Alaska plus the best deal I've seen on the jacket, and on top of that they had a coupon code that took an additional 20% off from a jacket that was already at the lowest price I've seen. The box showed up in exactly 2 days with the brand new jacket that I wanted. I live in Alaska, nothing ever shows up in the mail on time. On top of all of this the jerks had the audacity to include things like stickers and vouchers for companies that have products I love. I can't believe they did this to me!!! I'll never be able to go to REI or buy from Amazon again.
I know Moosejaw is expensive on some of their products, and maybe I just got lucky with this one, but boy did this experience put them on my radar.
I've had plenty of negative experiences with online companies like Moosejaw who ship the wrong item and have terrible customer service, and the list goes on and on... The problem is that these negative experiences are the ones that people talk about. People hardly ever talk about the good experiences they have with companies because those experiences aren't that great. I'm all for holding companies accountable for their mistakes because we all have a Mom or cousin or sister who aren't getting their birthday gift because someone at this faceless entity messed up royally. I think it's just as important to exonerate the companies who create the opposite experience for their customers.
I'm pissed because Moosejaw pointed out how so many companies COULD be creating experiences for their customers. Will they slip up? Almost definitely, because it's a company managed by humans. Will they be pricier than other sites? Yes! An item will always sell for its perceived value. If either of those things are news flashes for you, it might be worth considering that you have messed up before and probably oversold something to someone at some point in your life. I'm sure you could show me how to write a good complaint on a review site.
I didn't think I was going to be able to get my wife her jacket in time and Moosejaw delivered on time at a great value. End of story.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Good value
- Return and exchange policy
- Quick shipping
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "The title pretty much explains it all. Ordered a dress originally $45 or so dollars, on sale for $22.99. A deal. I had never bought clothes from the site and..."
- "I placed an order on November 6, 2014 for three items, the quality being extremely poor all three. However, what was gut-wrenching was that I purchased a dress which..."
- "Our Alaska trip Sept 10 - 17 was booked almost a year in advance. Our room was a balcony and I had signed on for the "beverage package" at $750..."
- "Terrible company to work for. Refused to pay promised wages and commission on sales. Out of date and disorganized..."
- " Sean Eichrodt Apollo Investigative Services by u Bethea7503 1 hour ago Review #: 474026 1 of 2 Apollo Investigative... Reviews Next → Company ..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."