(READ FIRST: Heads up because I hate having my time wasted and I know you do too, this review contains nothing negative whatsoever about Moosejaw. If you came to this site because your pissed at Moosejaw or REI or life or need to satisfy your confirmation bias or whatever, skip this and read one of the numerous negative reviews this site offers on this company.)
Bought Directly from Moosejaw.com using coupon codes for 20% off on jackets and the free 2-day shipping coupon.
WHAT I PURCHASED:
The black Pategonia Nano Puff hoody. As a general rule of thumb from my research the black version of this hoody is cheaper than the color versions. It' about 179-249 for color versions and 135-180 for the black version and last I checked it's priced a little high on their site compared to when I purchased mine.
Deal finder? I like to get the best value for my money and tend to do the legwork to find that deal when it comes to buying stuff online.
I had never heard of Moosejaw before and didn't even want to buy from them especially because they had a ridiculously good deal on the Pategonia Nano Puff Jacket my wife wanted for her birthday. We are newlyweds who left our jobs and moved to Alaska and resources are limited. Since it's my first year being married I really felt the pressure of making her birthday memorable. I was seriously nervous about buying from this new company but they were a Google trusted store so I figure: "Heck, what's the worst that could happen?"
I would normally buy this type of product from Amazon or REI especially since I get a percentage back every year as an REI member. Moosejaw promised me free 2-day shipping to Alaska plus the best deal I've seen on the jacket, and on top of that they had a coupon code that took an additional 20% off from a jacket that was already at the lowest price I've seen. The box showed up in exactly 2 days with the brand new jacket that I wanted. I live in Alaska, nothing ever shows up in the mail on time. On top of all of this the jerks had the audacity to include things like stickers and vouchers for companies that have products I love. I can't believe they did this to me!!! I'll never be able to go to REI or buy from Amazon again.
I know Moosejaw is expensive on some of their products, and maybe I just got lucky with this one, but boy did this experience put them on my radar.
I've had plenty of negative experiences with online companies like Moosejaw who ship the wrong item and have terrible customer service, and the list goes on and on... The problem is that these negative experiences are the ones that people talk about. People hardly ever talk about the good experiences they have with companies because those experiences aren't that great. I'm all for holding companies accountable for their mistakes because we all have a Mom or cousin or sister who aren't getting their birthday gift because someone at this faceless entity messed up royally. I think it's just as important to exonerate the companies who create the opposite experience for their customers.
I'm pissed because Moosejaw pointed out how so many companies COULD be creating experiences for their customers. Will they slip up? Almost definitely, because it's a company managed by humans. Will they be pricier than other sites? Yes! An item will always sell for its perceived value. If either of those things are news flashes for you, it might be worth considering that you have messed up before and probably oversold something to someone at some point in your life. I'm sure you could show me how to write a good complaint on a review site.
I didn't think I was going to be able to get my wife her jacket in time and Moosejaw delivered on time at a great value. End of story.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Good value
- Return and exchange policy
- Quick shipping
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Got some extra time and $$ to *** away? Well then put in an order with ooShirts.com! What a nightmare to work with. We usually use 4imprint, Logosoftware, and DiscountMugs for..."
- "I bought a dress and a bikini for a vacation I've planned and it was totally damaged. The white dress has burns stains all over the vcut breast line ,..."
- "I saw an ad for this website on facebook & a great looking white coat for cheap. It seemed too good to be true (free shipping & all) but I..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Our Alaska trip Sept 10 - 17 was booked almost a year in advance. Our room was a balcony and I had signed on for the "beverage package" at $750..."
- " Sean Eichrodt Apollo Investigative Services by u Bethea7503 1 hour ago Review #: 474026 1 of 2 Apollo Investigative... Reviews Next → Company ..."
- "Clarence Summers tel 9072296575 or email@example.com or 19700 N Mitkofak12 Lp Eagle River AK 99577 On Sunday 11/13/16 at 12:40 pm at The Tikahtnu 16 ,at 1102 N Muldoon Rd Suite..."